Hello

markfilipak

My name is Mark Filipak. I'm a retired, 73 year-old, electronics engineer -- chips & circuits -- formerly of Silicon Valley in California. It's nice to be here.

I'm favorably disposed to NCH Software, of which I'm completely green, a novice. In addition to hardware, I have coded in about 14 languages, roughly equally divided between various assembly languages, compiled languages, and scripts.

I'm currently working on several projects:

MP3 retagging of ripped CDs. I just started this.

An MPEG-2/-4 parser so I can stop interpreting coded video metadata and macroblocks by hand. I've been working on this for a couple of years.

Documentation for ffmpeg. I've been working on this for the better part of a year.

A viewer-level movie documentation system (including bar codes) so ordinary people can quickly see which DVD/BD has best video, audio, and bonuses to guide their purchases. I've been working on this for about 5 years and have revised it hundreds of times to cover multiple versions, multiple movies per disc, cross referencing of box sets, etc.

Based on only a few minutes of experience, it appears that NCH has crafted a very friendly site.