Video Editor not playing sound (RESOLVED)

rollfizzlebeef

Hi. I'm trying to make a video for YouTube, but when I tried to work on it with VideoPad Video Editor, I couldn't get any sound whatsoever. The video is fine, but I can't hear anything. I've used two MP4 files with sound and I even played an MP3 file, and no sound is coming from any of them. But when I play the video in my video player, the sound is working fine. Am I missing a codec or something? I need to get this video up ASAP. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

What version of Videopad is being used?  Save your work, then Install this one

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Report back.

Anything is possible.  Look to the left of the audio track/s.  Is the speaker muted (red X)?

Look at the clips.  Is the speaker muted there?

Is the volume slider at the left of the tracks fully to the right?

Install the suggested version.  Of course, retain your registration info.

If no go. close the program and use the PC's file manager (Windows Explorer) to locate these folders.  Delete all files that they contain.

Go to Control Panel | PROGRAMS AND FEATURES and uninstall VP.  Then install the suggested version of Videopad...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components"  or "C"\Program Files\NCH\ software\Components"

"C:\Users\<PC name>\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Components"

Well, I had to uninstall and reinstall. I was able to get a couple videos to play sound, but not the one I want to edit. At least not yet. It's a pretty big video file(over 1GB) that I recorded from a Zoom interview with my friend. Does it take awhile for files that big to load completely?

UPDATE: Never mind. It was the video file I was using. Luckily, the other one I had works fine. Weird. But I think I'm good now.

Edited by rollfizzlebeef
Updated info

• 2 weeks later...

I am using VideoPad 8.42. I have been using a headset to edit the sound for a while. but recently I can't hear any sound using the headset but can hear it from a normal speaker! I tested the headset is working properly as i can use it to hear Youtube sound. It is very strange. I am wondering if any setting in VP has been changed accidentally. Can any one give me an advice on how to fix it?

There's no VP setting that would cause this, so that hints that something in Windows (or a Mac) needs to be changed.

Right-click the speaker icon at the right of the taskbar and Open Volume Mixer.  Confirm that the Videopad slider is not muted or too low.

image.png

• 3 weeks later...