Music copyright flagged on You Tube

SandraH

I am a new user of VideoPad.  I purchased the software to make videos for my You Tube channel.  I assumed that I had the right to use the music clips from the provided library.  Every time I upload a video to You Tube, I get a message that the video contains copyrighted material.  Here is the copyrighted material notice:

AdRev for a 3rd Party

On behalf of: Rebekah M. Music, ASCAP (ACM Records)

Since I paid for the software with the understanding that the provided music and other add-ons for videos are royalty-free, how can this be corrected?  I cannot monetize my videos if this persists, and I would like to use the music provided.

Thank you for any help.

If no response to the form from NCH within a reasonable time, check back in here.

An NCH representative recently posted this... "We've licensed the sound library, and you're permitted to use the clips in YouTube videos."

Purchase of the Masters (Pro) edition should enable that.

• 1 month later...

Same problem here. I uploaded two videos to Youtube with music from Videopad library. Now Shaina Z. Music and Rebekah M. Music are collecting money with my videos. I started a support request with NCH 40 days ago. No resolution yet. Every Videopad user should be alerted about this. There's no such thing as a "free music library".

You need to tell people Not to use any of your "Stock-Sound" files in your Original Content on YouTube because NCH software can run ads and make money off of your "Original Content".  Im not allowed to run ads nor would I on my 1 minute video. No one is going to watch a 30 second ad just to watch a 60 sec video so your ad wont pay off anyway and can only do harm to my YouTube channel. Apparently your "Copywrite Free" Stock Sound is NOT copywrite free and you should at least warn your customers of this.  I have NOT allowed you to make money off of MY Original Content which by default when published gives me a simple copywrite and NOT you.

WOW, Sandra got No resolution and by now has probably been kicked off of YouTube.

How many others are there?  Hundreds or Thousands of people being HARMED by NCH.  Why would they resolve it,  theyve already got youre money

and are now making Ad revenue on youre "Original Content"

Likely not an NCH issue.  They have licensed the content and don't make money off user videos.

May be caused by YouTube bad actors.  Share the titles that gave problems and someone will check them out.

Seek resolution...   http://SUPPORT.GOOGLE.COM/youtube/answer/2797454?hl=en

Make reference to... https://nchsoftware.blogspot.com/2013/07/royalty-free-music-library.html

On 9/16/2020 at 11:43 PM, borate said:

The issue is being pursued.  Specifically, what sound cut did you use?

If possible, upload one of your videos to a free server, get a shareable (public) link and paste that link here.   Thanks.

Hi! There's no need to upload the videos again to another platform. I have no time to do that. I already sent the links to NCH support on August 10th. Here they are again:

Regards,

Gus

On 9/19/2020 at 4:41 AM, dazecutr said:

You need to tell people Not to use any of your "Stock-Sound" files in your Original Content on YouTube because NCH software can run ads and make money off of your "Original Content".  Im not allowed to run ads nor would I on my 1 minute video. No one is going to watch a 30 second ad just to watch a 60 sec video so your ad wont pay off anyway and can only do harm to my YouTube channel. Apparently your "Copywrite Free" Stock Sound is NOT copywrite free and you should at least warn your customers of this.  I have NOT allowed you to make money off of MY Original Content which by default when published gives me a simple copywrite and NOT you.

WOW, Sandra got No resolution and by now has probably been kicked off of YouTube.

How many others are there?  Hundreds or Thousands of people being HARMED by NCH.  Why would they resolve it,  theyve already got youre money

and are now making Ad revenue on youre "Original Content"

I do agree with you.

Since a I cannot believe this is done on purpose by NCH, in order to get money from the content we all make using Videopad, I will try a little harder to get a resolution. 45 days have passed and no instructions at all received (should I tell Youtube I am allowed to use that music?).

On day 60 I plan to make this public on Google, in case I am still stuck.

Regards,

Gus

These are the claims:

• The Reunion (MJ12), owned by Shaina Z. Music, SESAC (ACM Records).
  • PO Man (Frank Enea), owned by Rebekah M. Music, ASCAP (ACM Records).
  • Pretty Raggedy (Frank Enea), owned by  Rebekah M. Music, ASCAP (ACM Records).

Regards,

Gus

Are you saying you cannot access the links? I tried them again now and they are "alive" (even with no Youtube account logged in):

I will file a resolution request on Youtube as you suggest. Thanks!

-0-0-

As stated, those are the names reported by Youtube.

In the NCH library, they can be found with these names:

• "A change in the wheather" (under "rock"). Youtube says "The Reunion".
  • "All i got is the blues" (under "blues"). Youtube says "Po Man".
  • "Raggedy blues" (under "blues"). Youtube says "Pretty Raggedy".

Regards,

Gus

Your YT links are fine, but are not useful in recreating the issue.

Don't know where YouTube got those names, but when your titles are tested...

• "A change in the weather"
  • "All i got is the blues"
  • "Raggedy blues"

there's no problem. All cuts directly and quickly uploaded successfully to YouTube, using a still image for video.

Doesn't appear to be an NCH issue.  Try those uploads again.

On 8/3/2020 at 7:00 PM, SandraH said:

Well, that's a start, but how do I convince You Tube of that fact?  Their scan shows a copyright on it.  I purchased the Professional edition.

SandraH,

The problem is at youtube. It happens all the time with my videos, I am using Mozart, Bach music, however according to youtube the copyright for Mozart, Bach music is for some third party company. Even when I make a free public concert video (Mozart, Bach, etc), youtube recognized the music as some third party company copyright. 

Weird youtube copyright rules... I am not using monetizing but youtube still blocks some of my videos in many countries.

I have also my own original youtube videos copied and posted on other channels, however I can not claim anything.  

I made a new video with the same songs and, instantly, I got the right claims (AGAIN). You can verify I am using the "free" music. This is the video:

https://youtu.be/s-KQ8oEX1jk

These are the claims:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iam2E7dmWikKQArk9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ykaw9fCiMPoMtepM7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1cdBzuuKwgn4F4KG7

You say you don't have the claims. Maybe the Videopad "free" music is only free in the country you are living in. I live in Uruguay. Do you know whether the rights were negotiated for the whole world or only some countries?