Video export hangs, always at same position

doron

Hi all,

I have a rather long video (a couple hours), which I edited using Videopad. It's made of a few clips, which at a certain point are overlayed. When I try to export it into an H.265 mp4 video, the export keeps hanging at the exact same spot. When I do the same with H.264 (all rest being similar) it completes successfully, but the file obviously is way larger - not the desired outcome.

A funny fact is, that when it hangs, if I use Windows task manager to kill the process "aacenc3" (yes, the audio part), the video encoding "wakes up" and starts trotting along nicely. Of course this is not useful, but I found it curious - mainly since the H.264 export uses the same AAC encoding and on that case, it doesn't seem to have any problem.

I also tried to specify another audio format (not AAC) for the mp4 but could not - for some reason AAC is greyed out in the combo box and can't be changed.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

A strange one.  What version of Videopad is being used?  Here's the latest.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Does it hang at a reversed clip?  Some VP releases had that issue.   You can also try this...

Delete the files in these folders after closing the program, then reinstall Videopad.  If those files were corrupt, they should now be fresh.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components"  or "C:\ProgramFiles\NCH Software\Components"

"C:\Users\<your PC name>\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Components"

If still no joy, share a segment of your project that exhibits the issue and someone will have a look.  This can be done privately.  Just follow this easy 4-step procedure...

1. With your project on the timeline, click the 3-lined 'hamburger' menu, top-left.  Click FILE | BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Specify a folder.  Click SELECT FOLDER.
2.  Using the PC file manager, go to where the numbered folder was saved and upload it to a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*
3.  Get a shared, public link that anyone can view.
4.  Paste that link here, or click the folder, above top-right in this forum, and message it to me.  This is private and won't be shared.
*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Thanks for your reply! I'm using the latest version (8.63 - actually uninstalled and upgraded to it when I saw the problem initially - no change, hangs at the exact same spot). This actually makes sense since it appears as if the module (aacenc3) has not been updated since 2018.

Another data point: Trying to debug this, I cut the sequence a couple minutes before and after the point where it hangs every time, and let it export. I was expecting it to hang at the same frame or transition. Instead, the export completed successfully. I don't know what to say.

Packing the project is not feasible (it's several gigabytes heavy). Would the project file alone (w/o the video clips) provide any insight?