Videopad corrupt file

Aiden1024

Ok, so i made this video that i spent hours on, and i converted it to mp4, it did not work, i was using the free version, but i uninstalled the free version and got the free trial one, and my file was an mp4, but you cannot open it no matter what, it gave me an error when i tried to open it in videopad, and i tried uploading it to youtube & it said file unreadable, how can i get it readable?

Please help me, i spent a lot of effort on this and i am very devastated, please help me 😭

What version of Videopad is being used?

When you say "converted" to mp4, assume you mean that you EXPORTED it to mp4.  That should succeed.  Don't 'convert' anything.  The VPJ file is created when SAVE PROJECT is used.  It's recommended to SAVE PROJECT AS, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite earlier saves.  Using Save Project (no AS) overwrites.

Let's track this down by taking a look at your project.  The process is easy, quick and can be private.  It won't be shared.  Just follow the PORTABLE project instructions here...

http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, upload the resulting folder, and don't forget to get a shareable (non-restricted) link to post.  Don''t upload the mp4 export.

The mp4 that you linked has no content (zero bytes).  What's needed is the PORTABLE project folder that can be saved and uploaded via the instructions here...

http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

First, load your project by opening the VPJ file.  If clicking the saved VPJ file won't load your project then look in the folder where all the source files reside.

If there is also a VPJ file there, upload the entire folder containing those files. You can also search the drive for VPJ.  One of those files may load your project.