Adding text and titles

mikebpronerd

Your "another try" was simply the VPJ alone, once again.  An image here won't help, but a link to an image can be pasted.  Upload the file/s to Google Drive.  Get a public, unrestricted link and insert it here.

No need to repeatedly send links.  Once, either here or in a Private Message, is sufficient.  Clear your Google Drive space and try again.  Don't upload the VPJ separately;  it's included in the project folder that you saved in VP.

Only two files from your project folder came through - the VPJ and your Fantasy in C slide.  This may indicate that Google Drive is full.  The space that you have there is shared by Google Mail and other apps.  The project folder that you are attempting to upload must fit into the available free space.

If you want the slide to be seen just as the audio begins and not before, an easy way is to right-click on it in the bin and image.png or simply drag it to the start of track 2 if there is video on track 1.  If video track 1 is empty, then drag the slide to the beginning of that track.  Either way, audio won't be affected and there won't be gaps.

It will show in the background if your slide is smaller.  Use the SCALE effect to enlarge the image so it covers the background on track 1.  The music track won't be affected.  You can then drag the right handle of the image to the end of the music, if desired.  Of course the slide then will cover all the track 1 video.

It is hard to make out what you are saying. This NCH Videopad free program is just not intuitive or user friendly at all. Windows Movie Maker was the real deal, but they took it away. I put up dozens of youtube videos using WMM, and one from this site. Now I can't even put images on my audio. Your last paragraph is not dicipherable to me, sorry.

I followed all the instructions for using google play to post the pictures as best I could. This clip here does not show the problem. I don't know what those clips are you have on the timeline; they aren't mine. I want that Fantasy in C image at the start of the audio, and NOT before. No-one seems to know how to do this.

I was able to do it several years before when I made my previous video here. Apparently some neer-do-well was fiddling with the program and ruined it. Maybe somebody thinks videos should be silent during the first clip. What right does this person have to decide what we want?

I do not use google mail.

"No need to repeatedly send links.  Once, either here or in a Private Message, is sufficient." ha ha, I wish. I keep posting them because I keep hoping one of them will work. None of them do.

Putting things on track 2 is not something I want to do, because they do not show in the upper window from there. I then have no idea whether they are in my video or not.

I do not want to post this title clip that I made myself (since I can't make one here) to be my only image either. Just the first one. I want to post my images on track one and have them accompany the audio! This program is not letting me do that. Why? I thought this was going to be simple. Somebody apparently has made it very, very complicated.

If others have something to share, they will follow and append to this thread.

Google Play has nothing to do with this issue.  You are uploading to Google Drive.  It appears that you attempted that, but only the slide and the VPJ file succeeded.  But, if your project is a big one that will take 6 hours to upload, then don't bother. 

Yes, the video shown in the above demo isn't yours, except for the slide.  But it demonstrates that the slide can be placed onto track 2 directly above track 1 video.  If there is no video on track 1, then it can be dropped above your audio on that track.  Audio won't be touched.

If an image is placed on track two it will indeed be visible in SEQUENCE preview mode, just as seen in the demo preview window.  Be sure that you are viewing the sequence and not the clip.  Click in the timeline, or click the Sequence tab above the preview window.   image.png

When the sequence is played, it will show the image - whether it's on track 1 or 2 - and play the audio.  Same for the exported file.

Note that Fantasy In C is immediately above the first audio, and that it is shown in preview.  No gaps, no shifting of audio...

image.png

This now appears to be what you're after.  Achieving it is very simple in Videopad, per the above instructions.

I see it in the sequence mode in the window. Does that mean I can put the next image on track 1 and the image on track 2 before it won't interfere?

When I moved the next image down to track 1, it deletes that portion of the audio. That happened before too.

"If there is no video on track 1, then it can be dropped above your audio on that track.  Audio won't be touched." seems not true.

I guess I can put everything on track 2. Why there are two tracks is a mystery to me.

Here's my best explanation for what should be a very simple procedure.

First, your audio is complete on audio track 1.  For this example, there is nothing on video track 1.

Drag your image clips to video track 1.  The Sequence Mode will play both the images and the sound.

Example two.  If there already are images on track 1, adding transparent text clips to track 2 will superimpose them.  Unless higher track content has a transparent background - as with text clips - the higher tracks may cause the lower tracks not to be visible because higher tracks take precedence.

Text clips or images can be dragged anywhere on a track or even from track to track.

It makes no difference what track clips are added to.  But if your music was part of an audio/video file, like an mp4, then adding clips to a higher, unused track should be used, as this won't affect linked audio.  It will layer the new clips over the existing video, just as the text clips did in this demo.

An existing track - both its audio and video - can also be locked, via a right-click at the far left of the track.  Choose LOCK TRACK.  After that, the locked track won't be altered when clips are added or manipulated on other tracks.  But this shouldn't be necessary for what you want to do.

I just used track 2 and I got everything on. But now I can't upload it to youtube. I get this: "The server cannot process the request because it is malformed. It should not be retried. That’s all we know." But that's another topic (the text here won't stop underlining now) and I don't see it. It was easy last time; now it's hard, maybe impossible. I don't get why they screwed up this program and made everything harder.

-0-0-

Someone should thoroughly revise this Videopad program. It is not user friendly and needlessly complicated.

There should be no need for 2 video tracks. Windows Movie Maker supplied the capacity to add text to a clip on the same track. Moving or changing video clips should NEVER wipe out or delete portions of the audio, and there should not be a need to lock the audio, assuming that stops this disaster. No image should EVER be added to the beginning before an audio track by the program. If the creator themself leaves that portion silent, only THEN should an image appear before the audio starts in the final production.

-0-0-

I admit maybe I am coming at this program from the view of my own needs, which was to apend pictures to an audio-only track; perhaps this program is designed to edit videos that are recorded by a video camera with audio and video together, and track 2 is to add pictures to this. I don't know. I wonder though why captions can't just be written and added to video track 1.

The free version has been recently stripped of many features, apparently, maybe including writing directly on top of pictures, and of course any audio enhancing abilities I used before have been deleted. I was able to increase the volume of the audio on the video that I created and uploaded to youtube here a few years ago. Not anymore.

Videopad has considerably more capabilities than Windows MM.  Yet there's a learning curve.  Takes practice and time.  Check out the tutorials linked here.            VP is a relatively easy to manage editor when compared to some others.  If you need more help, please start a new thread.

Repeating the demo above, images can indeed be placed on empty video track 1, with audio on audio track 1.

If there is video on track 1, then images or video placed on track 2 - usually scaled smaller - take precedence, and cover track 1.  (Picture-in-picture.)

If the content on track 2 is transparent, as with text files or captions, it will be superimposed over track one.  Text files and captions placed on track 1, won't be superimposed.  They will be handled just like an image.

You can install the standard (pro) release as a trial.  All features will be available for a short time.