Transitions with 2 videos and fixed soundtrack

Organum

I am putting together a video of a singer with two camera angles and fixed separate sound track.

I am a newbie to this stuff so please excuse my ignorance. 

I have successfully created a video with single video plus separate soundtrack plus titles and fade out. All very easy to do including syncing the soundtrack which was just great.

I then added another video of the same singer with a different camera angle and sync'd the sound up just fine. However I just cannot understand how to put in transitions between to the two videos.

Can anyone please help?

Many thanks

Higher video tracks take precedence over lower.  One approach...

When you want to see the lower (main) track video, just split out and delete the higher track video during that segment, leaving a gap.  Video will cut from one track to the other.

Below, a fade has been added between the tracks.  Track two fades to track one, then in a few seconds fades back to track 2.

The first fade uses the X fade transition.  The second uses the F fade button.

image.png

If a separate audio track is disturbed when the video excisions are made, first right-click in the area to the left of the track and LOCK TRACK.

Press <ctrl-Z> (EDIT | UNDO) if you make a mistake, to undo step-by-step.

Excellent thank you. This all works fine. Knowing about track priority is so essential and also J splits just the video which suited me just fine.

Now to choose a nice transition/fade

Thanks again.

FWIW I am transitioning from Movie Maker and glad to have found this prog. I tried Pinnacle Studio 23 - my, what a nightmare including the thing crashed really badly and repair would not repair. The whole workflow was just terrible.