Speeding Up and Save or an Export

TheBigGameHunter

Export at a lower resolution and/or Default quality/file size.  Often, highest resolutions are not necessary for the devices on which the result will be viewed. 

image.png

For example, many projects outputted at HD 720 look great on a PC.  It might help to close other applications/programs while exporting.

Hardware can make a significant difference, as video editing is resource intensive.  A gaming-class PC is often recommended.

Thanks. YouTube prefers HD and other platforms do too. I'm trying to save to my own computer and then would upload to YT and elsewhere. For example, a 30 minute video . . . I'm an hour into a save and only at 25%.

What's the point of having an HD camera from video if the video editing software tortures people on the most action of saving?

Can't disagree there.  What is the resolution of the bulk of the source files?  What's your choice of export resolution and format?  What are your PC's specs:  CPU/GPU/RAM?

If you share the project someone will be glad to check it out and try to replicate your save/export results.  This can help the developers.  Sharing is fairly quick and can be private.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.  Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.