Video won't play after reversing effect on image

countingchypres

The only way I can easily make an image slide into view from off-screen is to use the position/slide down preset, and then reverse the clip, and when I do this my play-back freezes at the end of this image (though I can still hear the video sound) and attempts to export stop dead at this point. As in I've been waiting six hours now and it hasn't moved even .1 of a %

There's an easier way to slide an image onto the screen - animate it.  http://help.nchsoftware.com/help/en/videopad/win/effects_animating.html

Open the effects window for the image clip and choose POSITION.

In the preview window drag the image off screen, or use the sliders, as shown below.  Then click the small green + sign in the toolbar to set a keyframe.

Move the red cursor to the right, to a position where you want the image to be full screen.

Slide the image to full screen.  The distance between keyframes (shown by dots) determines how fast the image will move.  Shorter distance = faster.

So I can't reverse an effect? I do appreciate your help, and I understand how to use the position effect, though I can't seem to get the text to actually leave the screen. The point is it's in no way easier than selecting a pre-set from a drop down menu and then clicking reverse.

Edited by countingchypres

• borate changed the title to Video won't play after reversing effect on image