Exporting hangs at 8.5%

Forest

Hi! Hoping someone can please help!  I was just trying to edit a video for fun for a family member and no matter what I do, the video export hangs at 8.5%.  The video isn't anywhere close to being finished, but having been burned before by software, I wanted to do a trial export. 

The files I'm using are mp4 video and mp3 audio.  I don't think there's anything wrong with the actual files because I tried exporting with just one clip and the audio, and it exported fine, which tells me the files shouldn't be corrupted. 

But when I put it all back together again, nada... it starts exporting and just straight up stops at 8.5%.  I don't want to put anymore work in if it will never actually export!   The only thing I've noticed is when I zoom in on timeline mode, I can see grey spaces in the centre of clips, but when I zoom out, they all seem clipped together fine.  I'm at a loss and this was supposed to be just a fun little project that's turned into something stressful!    I would love to continue with using Video Pad - I really enjoy the interface and apart from this, it's working lovely! 

Thanks in advance for any help! 

GAPS in the sequence can be easily spotted in Storyboard mode.

What version of Videopad is being used?  How long is the project?

Please share your project.  Fixes usually come quickly.  This isn't difficult, takes only minutes and can be private.  Then it can be export tested by others.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.
Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

Thank you!   Actually just after I posted this, I tried reformatting the files as .avi rather than mp4 and.... touch wood... it seems to have solved the problem!   Hopefully that's it, but if it falls over again, I'll be sure to follow your instructions above.  Thanks again :)

• borate changed the title to Exporting hangs at 8.5%