why doesnt it convert the whole file?

• 1 month later...
i got some atrac files and it said switch could convert them. it only opens them up to 1:01.65, though. any help?

I've got a "me too" post here. I have a different situation, I'm converting from rm (audio) to mp3 and the content stops at about 1 hour. The mp3 thinks it's the correct length (2 hours) but there is no content. I'm using the free version.

i got some atrac files and it said switch could convert them. it only opens them up to 1:01.65, though. any help?

This happens most probably because ATRAC3 files are copyright protected.

With the latest version of Sony's Sonicstage (version 4.0 a.k.a. Sonicstage CP) you can convert ATRAC3 files to WAV.

You can later convert the WAV to any other format with Switch.

Just import the ATRAC3 files into the Sonicstage library (if not already there).

Right-click on the file(s) and select "Save in WAV format".

The latest Sonicstage can be downloaded from Connect

Marco...

mrossen got it completely correct.

also, if you were to have searched the sound file formats forum, you would have realised this is the most discussed format in that forum, everything is covered there.

also, if you were to have read the links ***stickied at the top of this forum*** you would have noticed this in one of the linked pages:

atrac (.oma, .omg, .atp) - the newer style Sony proprietary format designed for minidisc use. It always has a .oma, .omg or .atp file extension. It is similar to mp3 and probably only useful if you are reading files from minidiscs or writing for minidiscs. ***Note most of these files are rights managed so you cannot open them in any software programs.***