IVM Delay

Guest Atallah

Guest Atallah

We are using two modems, one for each telephone line available to us. The problem we are experiencing is an initial delay in IVM's response to a keyed entry during the default greeting. Basically what happens is when I enter a mailbox number during the greeting, the greeting continues to play for a few more seconds before IVM responds to the entry.

The first modem is an Intel® 537EP and the other is a Broadxent V.92 DI3631-1.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jamie
We are using two modems, one for each telephone line available to us. The problem we are experiencing is an initial delay in IVM's response to a keyed entry during the default greeting. Basically what happens is when I enter a mailbox number during the greeting, the greeting continues to play for a few more seconds before IVM responds to the entry.

The first modem is an Intel® 537EP and the other is a Broadxent V.92 DI3631-1.

I'm evaluating this software and have the same basic question.

After a user presses a key (#, 1, 2, etc), there is about a 3 second delay before a response by the voice mail system.

What can be done about this?

I'm evaluating this software and have the same basic question.

After a user presses a key (#, 1, 2, etc), there is about a 3 second delay before a response by the voice mail system.

What can be done about this?

I'm definitely not an expert, but some of my findings:

I've found this problem with some voice modems when I was testing. I believe your problem is specific to the brand of modem, and it's ability to detect DTMF tones.

For example, my Modem Blaster DI5631 gives me about a 1.5 second delay before it recognizes that a DTMF tone was received.

My generic Gateway modem (GTW v92 Voicemodem) detects these tones instantly.

While a Zoom modem (can't remember the model but it was on the recommended list), would not respond for 5 seconds, or not at all.

I've purchased 6 inexpensive PCI voice modems during my testing just to see which two worked the best in my machine.

Good luck,

Chris

• 5 months later...
Guest Eugene
I'm definitely not an expert, but some of my findings:

I've found this problem with some voice modems when I was testing. I believe your problem is specific to the brand of modem, and it's ability to detect DTMF tones.

For example, my Modem Blaster DI5631 gives me about a 1.5 second delay before it recognizes that a DTMF tone was received.

My generic Gateway modem (GTW v92 Voicemodem) detects these tones instantly.

While a Zoom modem (can't remember the model but it was on the recommended list), would not respond for 5 seconds, or not at all.

I've purchased 6 inexpensive PCI voice modems during my testing just to see which two worked the best in my machine.

Good luck,

Chris

Hi,

Like Atallah, I'm having the exact same problems with the modem, and despite buying new ones that fit the description of "working" off the support texts, there is still a substantial delay in the response of the OGM.

Could you let us know which modems - the exact model and make - worked for you? It would save a lot of additional frustration, and I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Eugene Chen

• 1 month later...

I recently bought an AOpen FM56-PX and would say that it has about a 2 second delay. Very annoying and confuses callers.

Hi,

Like Atallah, I'm having the exact same problems with the modem, and despite buying new ones that fit the description of "working" off the support texts, there is still a substantial delay in the response of the OGM.

Could you let us know which modems - the exact model and make - worked for you?  It would save a lot of additional frustration, and I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Eugene Chen