1080p Export Issue

kmorr506

I'm having an issue opening an exported file. I've exported a project in 1080p, yet when i try to open the mp4 I get an error and it says "QuickTime Player can't open “Untitled 3.mp4” 

I have no issue opening the mp4 when exported in 720p. Individually I am able to export each clip to 1080 and they work fine but for some reason when they're edited together, it will not work.

Here's the portable project file if anyone wants to check it out and see if they can help.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1akcdaoJN71XJPFpASOqM_1ktkDY6g0X1

Thanks in advance!

Using version 7.53 and exporting with default Mp4 1080 settings, the project looks, uh, 'slick.'  No problem, but for a gap in the track just prior to the closing slide.   Go to Storyboard mode and it will be evident.  Right-click it and CLOSE GAP.

Quicktime is dated and no longer supported.  Try MPC-BE (used here), Windows Media Player, or VLC.

7 hours ago, borate said:

Using version 7.53 and exporting with default Mp4 1080 settings, the project looks, uh, 'slick.'  No problem, but for a gap in the track just prior to the closing slide.   Go to Storyboard mode and it will be evident.  Right-click it and CLOSE GAP.

Quicktime is dated and no longer supported.  Try MPC-BE (used here), Windows Media Player, or VLC.

Thanks for the input. That gap is actually there intentionally. I wanted the screen to stay black a couple seconds before the logo fades in.

I don't believe my issue is with QuickTime because I cannot get the MP4 to open with any media player. I tried QuickTime, one other media player on Mac and I've even exported directly to Dropbox and can't open the mp4 with my Android. When looking at the mp4 icon within its folder there isn't even a thumbnail. And the issue is only when I export in 1080. If I export in 720 it will play however one of my clips loses a tremendous amount of resolution.

I have version 7.33 of Videopad. Is there a newer version? There doesn't appear to be a newer version in the Apple store

Just as a test, fill the gap with a blank clip.  Also, before exporting, allow the green caching line that's above the thumbnails to complete.

In the export menu, click the Default Quality /Filesize blue link and switch the compressor to MPEG.  Test other file formats as well, such as AVI.

This may be a Mac-related issue.  Mention that and include the link to your project when you relay your findings to NCH.  Click the chevron at the right-top of the VP window for a link to a bug form.

You might also try this older version to see if it succeeds at 1080.  Retain your installer and licensing info, if any.