Seeking personal tutorial help

Doug Christensen

I'm new to video editing software and bought Videopad, as I like to fly my drone and want to make several home movies.  Unfortunately, this is not user friendly software, and the video tutorials only confuse more than they help.  I live in the Denver, Colorado area and am wondering if there's anyone local who I can actually sit down with just to learn the basics.  I'm so frustrated with the software that I am discouraged at trying to continue its use.  Is there anyone local that I can hire or someone to volunteer who can help this struggling video novice?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Doug Christensen

There's bound to be a learning curve with most video software.  Videopad is fairly intuitive, and it will only get easier.  Stick with the basics.

While building the project,  press <ctrl-Z> to go back, step-by-step if you make a mistake.

Back up often by clicking the lined 'hamburger' menu at the top left, clicking FILE, and then SAVE PROJECT AS, with an incremented number or unique name, so as to not wipe out prior saves.  (SAVE PROJECT will overwrite.)

This help file should prove useful.  You will need a PDF viewer.  There's one built into Windows 10 and others, like Foxit reader, can be downloaded for free.

To search use <ctrl-F> which opens a small window at the left-bottom of the page.

If you run into problems, check into this forum with a specific topic in the subject field.  Folks are helpful.