Losing Audio when Copying Video/Project Files to Another PC

BillVidWork

I have a project that uses one video file.  I have VideoPad installed on two PCs.  When I copy the video file (.mp4) and project file (.vpj) from PC#1 (Win7) to PC#2 (Win10), and I open the project file, the audio track is not present in the project on PC#2 and no audio plays (in neither the video file played in video pad, nor the sequence).  The audio is flat-lined in the audio track.  If I play the mp4 file outside of VideoPad, the audio plays just fine.  If I copy the files from PC#1 to itself (PC#1 in a different folder), the audio works just fine in VideoPad.  Any ideas?  I'm trying to be able to work on videos on these two different PCs.

The correct way to migrate a project is to click the FILE menu, then SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS.  You might save the result to a USB stick.

Then insert the stick into PC #2 and click the .vpj file.  Or open Videopad and open the project from the USB stick.

With this method, it's a sure thing that all files, and the correct paths to them, will be available on any PC.

If this doesn't solve the issue, post again.