text out of proportion on the image

sam1961

I added an image clip on to a video track and placed it on the track for a certain duration. Then I went to Add text and added text and placed this clip at the appropriate point in the timeline. Everything works well so far. But in the preview and the final output the text is out of proportion to the image, meaning much of the text on the sides is not visible. How can I rectify this? Please note that my image clip is in a vertical orientation. 

Assuming that you are using the latest versions, 7.24 or 7.25, there will be an Aspect Ratio drop-down menu next to the split button, under the preview window.

Click the chevron and choose MATCH MONITOR.  The preview will then display properly for your monitor.  image.png

Type your text so it doesn't exceed the boundaries of the image area and see if this corrects the problem.

You can also try CROP TO ASPECT RATIO in the effects menu for the image  image.png

or CROP AND ZOOM in the export box when outputting the project, to see if the result is pleasing.

If these methods do not succeed, please share the project so others can take a look.  Here's how...   http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/