Loading Source File WavePad Hangs

m fowler

I am attempting to 'load' a source file into WavePad using the correct directx encoder. The audio file has an extension of .a00 or .a01 and is only 11KB. I have a Xeon processor workstation that loads these just fine. I am trying to load them on an Intel P4 280 GHZ with 1 GB of Ram with a SoundMax sound card and on this workstation the load hangs and I can go no further. Is this a matter of resources on the workstation? I can only surmise this is the issue as one workstation will decode and load and the other will not. I do not get any error messages after having installed directx. Any advice anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. I am sort of stuck. Thank you, Mary Fowler, Information Systems, Idaho Supreme Court

• 2 months later...
I am attempting to 'load' a source file into WavePad using the correct directx encoder. The audio file has an extension of .a00 or .a01 and is only 11KB.  I have a Xeon processor workstation that loads these just fine.  I am trying to load them on an Intel P4 280 GHZ with 1 GB of Ram with a SoundMax sound card and on this workstation the load hangs and I can go no further.  Is this a matter of resources on the workstation?  I can only surmise this is the issue as one workstation will decode and load and the other will not.  I do not get any error messages after having installed directx.  Any advice anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.  I am sort of stuck.  Thank you, Mary Fowler, Information Systems, Idaho Supreme Court

If you disable direct draw 3d can you load the files then? Type in dxdiag in run box and click the display tab when it comes up. I have a sound max card and I have to do this everytime I want to load an mpeg 2 file. I don't know what the solution is just yet, but that may help you temporarily. When you use something else though you will probably have to enable the directx draw again.