ffmpeg16

Deb N

After I managed the difficult registration process, I copied, trimmed and renamed my first sets of music Harrah!

BUT i then recorded some more vinyl records to mp3, returned to WavePad 

AND it cannot download ffmpeg16 (your error message) and therefore cannot see my files.

So I downloaded my files to iTunes, tried again and received the same message. 

I did not delete ffmpeg16 but I am rapidly thinking about deleting wave pad and asking for my money back. 

Naturally if this has to happen I will share that information with my other computer using friends. 

Deb N. 

WavePad is for editing audio files. With a little bit of research, it looks like ffmpeg16 has something to do with video format/conversion.

If you could more specifically describe your workflow someone here might possibly be able to assist.

I was trying to trim audio (mp3) files. 

I had recorded from a record player (old vinyl records I want to preserve) to a Lexar usb. 

I plugged the Lexar usb into my computer and opened my wave pad audio editing 6.64 app. 

The error message was immediate ffmpeg16 was missing! 

I couldn't do anything. Thinking that it might work better, I loaded the recorded files into itunes. itunes could read and play the mp3 files but I cannot trim them in itunes. I also couldnt open the files saved in itunes into wavepad for editing.

So now I am stuck with a product I paid for registered and successfully used once. 

I have no ideas.

A couple of thoughts...

Are you on a mac or pc? I don't know if that has any bearing on your issue, but I have only pc experience. 

How did you record from your record player to a usb - what software? I have only used NCH Golden Records to accomplish this, recording from turntable > stereo > computer. (Obviously whatever you did must have worked since you can listen to the files via itunes.)

My personal recommendation, which might be subject to differing opinions, would be to record, and edit the tracks/files as wav files (on a pc) and then convert to mp3.

My uneducated guess is that your issue has something to do with mac compatibility, but then I am just guessing.

WavePad is a very useful and powerful software that I use regularly. But as I said, I generally work with wav files, and then convert to mp3 (if that is what I want.)

Anyhow, sorry that your experience has discouraged your view of the software, but I bet if you learn to work with it you will find it useful.