Express Burn V2.0 does not work

kamelwa

I was using the free version and it worked great. Decided to buy today and I'm very frustrated. The program tells me the burn was successful but when I play in the car the counter stays at 00.

Is this a rip off or what.

Did anyone have this problem ? How do you fix this ?

I'm using windows XP

:angry:

I was using the free version and it worked great. Decided to buy today and I'm very frustrated. The program tells me the burn was successful but when I play in the car the counter stays at 00.

Is this a rop off or what.

Did anyone have this problem ? How do you fix this ?

I'm using windows XP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just downloaded the free version to try it out. The first thing that I tried was a data DVD with 4.4gb of data and several files. It worked perfectly.

I then tried an audio CD burn. It APPEARED to work perfectly, as advertised. However, it would not play in my trusty Panasonic CD/DVD player, which has never yet failed me on hundreds of disks. I tried several different audio CD burns of various files, but limited to MP3 and/or wav files. I could not get any of these burns to play on my player. I have routinely made successful burns of all of the files that I used for my tests. I have a first-class CD/DVD burner (Plextor px-712a), which never misses. But it could not make Express Burn v2.0 write a disc which will play.

The software must be defective. I love the simple and clean interface, as opposed to the clunky Nero 6.6 interface, although Nero can do anything, after one makes the effort to figure it out. It is awesome burning software. Yet I would dearly like to have a WORKABLE Switch Express Burner, for the nice interface, when I do not want go to the trouble of firing up the "sledgehammer" Nero.

In short, I agree with you. Something is terribly wrong here.

Hi,

when you burned the audio CD did you choose the default track pause of use the burn session at once option?

Also is the burned CD playable in your computer?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I first used the default track pause, which comes with "track-at-once" recording, but is not called this in the burn dialog box.

After reading your post, however, I selected the "disc-at-once" recording (called session-at-once here), and used the default pause of two seconds. This *should* work properly, by inserting a two-second pause at the beginning of the first track.

Unfortunately, however, it does not. The recording which I made with disc-at-once and the two second pause STILL does not work! For reasons which I do not understand......

And no, this recording will NOT play on my computer, just as the original track-at-once recording would not play on my computer.

I really thought that this was going to fix the problem after reading your post, but I was disappointed--and frustrated once again :-(

Any further suggestions

• 4 weeks later...
I was using the free version and it worked great. Decided to buy today and I'm very frustrated.  The program tells me the burn was successful but when I play in the car the counter stays at 00.

Is this a rip off or what. 

Did anyone have this problem ?  How do you fix this ?

I'm using windows XP

:angry:

Same issue - found there may be a bug and hopefully it may be fixed soon.

I cant burn to a new out of the box never been burned on dvd+rw.

I can however burn to a new dvd+r and an already been burned to dvd+rw.

later

-g

Same issue - found there may be a bug and hopefully it may be fixed soon.

I cant burn to a new out of the box never been burned on dvd+rw.

I can however burn to a new dvd+r and an already been burned to dvd+rw.

later

-g

I do not believe that there is currently a "free" issue, as it is normally defined by software developers. In this normal definition, a "free" piece of software is one which operates exactly the same one year (for example) after you get it as it does when you first get it.

This is not the case with the current "free" Express Burn software--unless I have missed something. The copy I received when I downloaded the advertised free version is actually a DEMO copy which, while free for as long at works, expires after one month.

For this reason, it is not free, in the generally accepted meaning of this word.

While I understand the reason for putting out a full-feature DEMO version, what I take issue with is the name "free."

If there is anyone out there who has recently managed to download a genuinely free version of Express Burn (i.e., with no expiration date, but perhaps is "crippled" by lacking some features available in a non-free version), then please post this information here, along with the instructions for downloading this free version from this web site.

Thank you