Want to save each extract as a separate file

jakk

Is it possible to start with a fairly long MP3 (6 hours) at low quality - 11250 Hz, 16 bit.

Then I would select parts with the mouse & cursor which are approx 15 to 20 minutes long each.

And then to save each of those parts to a separate MP3.

------

Can I do this?

How? I can't even get as far as making the cut and paste work properly. Perhaps 15 to 20 minutes of audio is too much data to be moving around?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I am frequently doing this sort of job with Wavepad.

Here's how I get the bits I want:

Open the file. Move to the start point that you want to keep.

Edit/Trim start - gets rid of the stuff at the front. Then save your file.

Next- go to the end of the music you want to keep, and now Edit/split into two at this point. Save your file - the one you've just split off.

Now I would save the remaining file with a name I can recognize (because you will end up with files named untitled 1, untitled2 and most times can't recognize which is the split I want to keep).

There you have it. Just continue with splitting, saving, and with the last split you may need to clean the end - so find the end point and Edit/trim end

Hope this helps,

Ardena :-)

Is it possible to start with a fairly long MP3 (6 hours) at low quality - 11250 Hz, 16 bit.

Then I would select parts with the mouse & cursor which are approx 15 to 20 minutes long each.

And then to save each of those parts to a separate MP3.

------

Can I do this?

How?  I can't even get as far as making the cut and paste work properly.  Perhaps 15 to 20 minutes of audio is too much data to be moving around?