Audio Fade In & Fade Out

thatdudemike

Hello.  The videos that I am editing consist of many clips as part of the sequence, as I'm basically editing out the silent parts of the original video and compiling the clips back into 1 video. Currently I am clicking on the audio for each individual clip, and then changing the Fade In to 0.01, and also the Fade Out to 0.01.  The current video I'm working on has 104 clips, and all of them need to have the audio fade in/out of 0.01 added.  This is a very tedious process to manually do this to each clip, so I'm hoping that someone has a tip for adding audio fades to all clips at once.  I've tried doing shift+click the first/last clips, but it still only ends up changing the fades on one clip, not all of them.  Any ideas or tips for making this process easier? 

On any AUDIO clip click the FX button, to open the effects editor.

Click the green + sign on the toolbar and choose AMPLIFY.

Click in the preset field and choose FADE IN and OUT.

Drag the blue line to create a plot similar to what is seen below.  Each time the line is dragged it creates another keyframe (dot).  To delete a keyframe, right-click on it.

Once you are satisfied, click the button just to the right of the green + on the toolbar:  SAVE AS EFFECT CHAIN TEMPLATE.  Name it.  That template will appear at the bottom of the audio effects window.  It is a custom audio template.

To apply the effect to a single clip, open the audio effects window and click on that template.

To apply it to multiple clips, select (highlight) the desired clips, then click AUDIO EFFECTS on the VP toolbar and choose the FADE IN and OUT template.  You will be prompted to apply to all selected clips or just one.

VP_fade_in_out.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Tested an audio keyframe plot, as outlined in the above post.  There was silence when the slider value was zero, as in this example...audio.jpg

Or right-click on the audio track for FADE IN/FADE OUT options.  Fade time is fixed, despite what duration is entered.  An apparent bug in v7.11.