Playing or Editing Sound File using WavePad stops after 17 sec.

Sarastro

After editing 'longer' wave files (length playing time: 5 to 20 min) and saving as mp3 files the files were closed. When I reopen any of these mp3 files in WavePad , displaying, editing or playing is limited to 17 sec. When I open the mp3 files in Audacity or similar sound editing programs these problems don't exist.

Unknown time setting or bug in WavePad? (Win 10 Pro and WavePad Masters Ed 6.59)

Testfiles are in my Dropbox folder TestSalieri  : (Accept some time, depending on your net)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gx7o391vmfkfw0i/AACSVNoWdhvl2C9R51MJhQzIa?dl=0

Edited by Sarastro
spelling misstake and removing redundant words

Hi Sarastro,

I think you are experiencing a cache bug we had in WavePad around that time. You can fix it by deleting all the .nchmp3 files in the following folder:

C:\Users\[Your Name]\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\WavePad

Regards,

Ben

On 3/14/2019 at 12:10 PM, Sarastro said:

After editing 'longer' wave files (length playing time: 5 to 20 min) and saving as mp3 files the files were closed. When I reopen any of these mp3 files in WavePad , displaying, editing or playing is limited to 17 sec. When I open the mp3 files in Audacity or similar sound editing programs these problems don't exist.

Unknown time setting or bug in WavePad? (Win 10 Pro and WavePad Masters Ed 6.59)

Testfiles are in my Dropbox folder TestSalieri  : (Accept some time, depending on your net)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gx7o391vmfkfw0i/AACSVNoWdhvl2C9R51MJhQzIa?dl=0

Thank you very much for you response. I followed your adcice and now WavePad is working perfect

Your advice was: 

You can fix it by deleting all the .nchmp3 files in the following folder:

C:\Users\[Your Name]\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\WavePad