Have to reinstall software every time

denise1907

I am a newbie to all this stuff so would appreciate any help. I have just installed Expresscribe to get started doing transcription work, but when I disconnected and then reconnected the foot pedals I had to reinstall software and do foot control pedal wizard. The controls seem to work when I am playing the welcome blurb from Expresscribe but haven't been able to find out how it goes with transcription yet. Tried it using a song off media player but that didn't work. I have to keep taking the foot pedals out because we only have 1 USB port which my son uses for his bluetooth and we have to swap and change it for whoever is using the port. Is this what I will have to do every time given that we do only have the one port? We are looking at upgrading and of course getting a new PC with more than 1 USB port. Any suggestions welcome. Denise

I am a newbie to all this stuff so would appreciate any help.  I have just installed Expresscribe to get started doing transcription work, but when I disconnected and then reconnected the foot pedals I had to reinstall software and do foot control pedal wizard.  The controls seem to work when I am playing the welcome blurb from Expresscribe but haven't been able to find out how it goes with transcription yet.  Tried it using a song off media player but that didn't work.  I have to keep taking the foot pedals out because we only have 1 USB port which my son uses for his bluetooth and we have to swap and change it for whoever is using the port.  Is this what I will have to do every time given that we do only have the one port?  We are looking at upgrading and of course getting a new PC with more than 1 USB port.  Any suggestions welcome.  Denise

Hi Denise, I'm having the same problem as you and would appreciate some help. I too have installed the ExpressScribe for transcription purposes, and it's driving me crazy as I can't load the dictation piece which is in my e-mail in Outlook Express. I've even saved it in my documents/letters folder, but it just won't open. It's an .mp3 file, whatever that is, but it says ExpressScribe is compatible with that. Time is running out for me to do this transcription test. Any ideas anyone?

Anne