Exported Video has frame duplicates

osuman

Hello,

I am trimming some videos using Videopad in order to make small clips of them. However, after I export a clip with "autodetected framerate" and then use a programming script to save individual frames of the clip in my drive. I realize that there are frame duplicates in the sequence. I need the frames to be unique otherwise that would be creating noise in my data. I tried different export options but it seems like Videopad keeps duplicating some frames. Is there a way I can export a clean video with no duplicates? I already thought it might be a problem inherited from the original video but I checked and the original one does not have any duplicates. Those are clearly introduced by VideoPad for some reason.

I hope someone can give me some good solution. It will be too time consuming if I have to manually remove duplicates.

Thanks a lot

Thanks for the answer.

It's actually not only trimming. I also add some effects (crop and zoom) on the video.

I tried with lossless export but it says that my video do not meet the requirements. I even tried with the raw original video (without any effects added) and still same error message

The video has to be decoded and re-encoded when one or more effects are applied.

To avoid duplicated frames, you need to match the output frame rate with the source video. If source video is of variable framerate, exact match might not be possible.

@JimmyRustle I did try that as well, but surprisingly it still saves duplicates. I'm sure the original video does not have any though.

@C Major according to the information displayed on VLC, the frame rate is 30.006134. But even if I try to set that as the frame rate in the export, it still produces duplicates. Does that mean my original video has a variable framerate ?

Thank you all for your answers. I ended up saving it as sequence of frames and programmatically creating a video out of the frames with a fixed frame rates. The newly created one does not have the duplicate issue. I guess the camera I used to record was not using a fixed one to start with.