VideoPad Video Editor freezes the frame

sherloc987

I'm using the non-commercial version of VideoPad Video Editor. This issue isn't covered in NCH Software's FAQ on this app, and any attempts I make to find any contact information for technical support on this app just re-directs me to this FAQ.

When I download some videos off youtube and try to split them up so I can use small clips for use in my own videos, the videos will sometimes freeze at whatever frame I happen to split at. The audio will play without issue, but the video is frozen. Whatever frame was displayed when I split, the rest of the video will display that frame while the audio plays like it's supposed to.

This carries over, even if I remove the video and re-insert it into the project. To fix this problem, I have to download the video all over again, and then hope the problem doesn't happen again!

Does anybody have any idea on how to fix this problem?

Video editing is resource intensive.  What are your PC's specifications:  CPU, GPU, RAM, free space on C:\?

Lowering preview resolution may help.  Right-click in the preview window to change it. Try toggling hardware acceleration on or off, under OPTIONS|EDITING tab, to see if that makes a difference.  Check this out as well. 

If possible, share a project where the freezing is evident.  To do that follow the instructions in the "Tips for getting help..." post near the top of this forum.