Not exporting full video

96curium

I made a 2:43 min video for a class project, but when I've tried exporting the video ends up only 16 seconds long. It doesn't matter what type of exporting format I try, it's always 16 seconds long.  I'm baffled, anybody know what I'm doing wrong? 

Is some of the timeline shaded?  If so, only the UNshaded area will export.

Click the sequence tab above the bin (upper-left).  Click on the sequence itself (usually sequence 1).

Under the preview window, drag the red bracket [ all the way left.

Drag the blue bracket ] all the way to the right.   That should remove the shading.

• 9 months later...

Hi I am new to VideoPad but I am trying to use it to combine my Insta360 One X footage and am having the same problem. While I see the red and blue brackets for each clip I am combining, the Exported video is inconsistent in whether it will export the entire set of clips.I have tried selecting all the clips in the sequence and grouping them but that does not work either. Individually the red blue brackets are correctly bracketing the clips where I want. Is there an Overall bracketing I can do that addresses all of them to ensure I have the whole video?

Best to start a new thread.  Be since we're here...

Does export fail at different points ... or are there clips missing from the completed export?

Install the latest version.  If you paid to register your current copy save the installer.  That version never expires.  And upgrades are free for six-months after purchase.  After that, what you download will be a trial that eventually may have some limitations.

Bracketing clips to select segments, then dropping them onto the timeline has no bearing on export.  It should output the entire sequence.

If export completes, but clips are missing, see if the my August 5th, 2018 tip above is your answer. 

If not, please upload your project.  Someone will check it out.  Here's how... http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

Don't forget to make the link public (share it), then paste it here.

• 1 year later...

Hello, I'm having a similar problem. I made a video that is roughly 16 and a half minutes long, whenever I try to export it, only 1 second exports and I have tried everything. Google drive, exporting it to my computer and different file formats but nothing seems to work. Please help.

Download and install this version.  Ignore any virus warnings.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

If the problem persists, drop in here again.