new pedable version for windows 10

Fangles

Hello Folks, My wife bought home an Infinity In-USB-2 footpedal from work as she is going to trial working home one day a week but the old pedable software is not compatible with windows 10, even in compatability mode.

Is there possibly an updated version of this available somewhere? We are desperate to get her going out of the stress of the city.

Her workplace is running Citrix, pushing a vmware/windows 7 environment and citrix cannot pickup a local usb pedal without reflection and maybe not even then and pedable is my only idea.

(Citrix knew about this way back in 2011)

• 6 months later...

I was able to get Pedable to work on windows 10. First you have to run the install in compatibility mode for windows 7. Then once done installing you have to run the program in compatibility mode for windows 7. This works as of today. May not work tomorrow.

I did have trouble running the install from a network location but as long as it was on the local machine/ desktop it worked fine.

• 9 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:14 AM, Fangles said:

Hello Folks, My wife bought home an Infinity In-USB-2 footpedal from work as she is going to trial working home one day a week but the old pedable software is not compatible with windows 10, even in compatability mode.

Is there possibly an updated version of this available somewhere? We are desperate to get her going out of the stress of the city.

Her workplace is running Citrix, pushing a vmware/windows 7 environment and citrix cannot pickup a local usb pedal without reflection and maybe not even then and pedable is my only idea.

(Citrix knew about this way back in 2011)

I am having a similar problem. I have Windows 10 and an Infinity foot pedal also. The Pedable program does not seem to recognize the foot pedal. I open Pedable, plug in the foot pedal, and go through the setup wizard, in which it works and recognizes it, but as soon as I close the setup and start transcribing, it stops recognizing the pedal. I take it out of one USB and put it into another and go through the same process and get the same result of it not communicating with the equipment. I purchased the latest version of ExpressScribe because I know how exceptionally "buggy" Windows 10 has been, but that hasn't helped either. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Pedable, and that didn't help either. I have work to do. This is crazy. Let me know if you have found a solution. Thanks!!!

On 11/16/2018 at 7:17 PM, Dablugom said:

I was able to get Pedable to work on windows 10. First you have to run the install in compatibility mode for windows 7. Then once done installing you have to run the program in compatibility mode for windows 7. This works as of today. May not work tomorrow.

I did have trouble running the install from a network location but as long as it was on the local machine/ desktop it worked fine.

How do you do that? How do you install Pedable on Windows 10 in a compatibility mode for Windows 7? 

• 9 months later...

Hello TallBostonGirl, I just tried what Dablugom mention on 2018 and it worked for me. I was able to right-click, properties and set compatibility to windows 7 on the installer. After installed I did the same to the actual program on c:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Swift Sound\Pedable\ and It worked just fine!

I hope this helps someone. :)

Thanks Dablugom

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Bbhackett said:

How do you change it to windows 7 to install Pedable?

1 hour ago, Bbhackett said:

Is anyone currently using Pedable?

Hey Bdhackett,

You right click on the install file and click properties. Then click compatibility and set to run in windows 7 mode.

We currently use this on 10+ windows 10 computers.

Thanks

On 8/21/2019 at 1:32 PM, TallBostonGirl said:

I am having a similar problem. I have Windows 10 and an Infinity foot pedal also. The Pedable program does not seem to recognize the foot pedal. I open Pedable, plug in the foot pedal, and go through the setup wizard, in which it works and recognizes it, but as soon as I close the setup and start transcribing, it stops recognizing the pedal. I take it out of one USB and put it into another and go through the same process and get the same result of it not communicating with the equipment. I purchased the latest version of ExpressScribe because I know how exceptionally "buggy" Windows 10 has been, but that hasn't helped either. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Pedable, and that didn't help either. I have work to do. This is crazy. Let me know if you have found a solution. Thanks!!!

i have ran across this same problem. I resolved it by replacing the pedal. I have a bunch of extra pedals so this was a easy fix for me. I would imagine a bad connection in the pedal or something of that nature. I didnt look that far into it.

• 4 months later...