Is Wavepad compatible with a usb mic?

hlh

I have been using Wavepad version 1.09 for a while with a basic computer microphone to record my voice and acoustic guitar. Though this setup is ok, I find that I have to use the equalizer to boost the bass, creating extra backround noise. There are 2 different professional microphones on the market, the Blue Snowball and the Sampson C01U, that plug into the usb port of the computer. I'd like to know if anyone out there has experience with either and can comment on if they work with Wavepad.

Thanks,

Howard

I don't have a USB Mic, but I am using a Mobile USB Pre-Amp with no problems what-so-ever recording with two Mics Stereo on my Desktop Computer. Now I think that the Mobile USB Pre-Amp does some buffering, and the main concern with USB mics is not so much does it work with Wavepad but is do you have enough CPU bandwidth to record the signal with a high sampling rate using a USB Mic. For instance, when I use a laptop, I have to drop the sampling rate by 50%, even with buffering (hence why some recommend fastwire over USB), otherwise all of a sudden, the speed of the recorded music doubles when the computer start to drop bits and bites.... (i.e. it samples the music every second bites, hence giving the apparent increase in speed).