Square/veritcal video export

freakart

I have a nice HD (1280x720) video that I want to export as a square or vertical video for social media. In my videopad 5 there was this prompt message - do you want to crop edges by clicking yes it cropes the 16:9 edges and worked like a charm.. now in the latest 6 version, this message is missing and videopad exports the whole 16:9 video without cropping the edges. How do you export square of vertical videos?

If it doesn't distort the video or create undesired black borders, export at a different resolution/format.  640 X 480, for example, results in the old TV 4:3 presentation.

To crop instead, you might import a video to VP, drop it onto the timeline as a single clip, then click the FX button at the bottom-left of the clip.

The effect box opens.  Click the far upper-left green + sign and choose CROP.  In the preview window, drag the handles (dots) to the size desired.

VP_crop.jpg

SOLVED!!!

If you wish to make a vertical or a square video (Facebook/Instagram) - first you need to set the sequence to your desired size - do that by changing the format in VIDEO PREVIEW (stupid but it works) dialog (under options). And you're good to go.

• 11 months later...
23 minutes ago, KatieFitz said:

freakart, I'm also trying to figure out how to create a square video for Instagram, fully filled without the black borders. This is probably a dumb question, but where the heck is the Video Preview Dialog? I don't see anything labeled Options.

Go to Options. It's under one of the tabs. You can select from a list (640X480, 1280X720, etc) or put in custom width, height values.