Max clip speed work around.

dstnrgrs

I'm looking for suggestion on a work around. I do mostly woodworking videos. Some of the projects I video have long (~15+ min) sections that I'd like to do sort of like a timelapse, condensing it down to under a minute. Currently, the maximum clip speed is 800%. To get a 15 minute video under a minute, I'd need ~ 1600% clip speed. I submitted a suggestion to increase the max clip speed about a month ago, but who knows if it'll ever be implemented.

I've found a way to do what I need which is time consuming, but was hoping that someone may have a suggestion on a quicker or easier way to achieve the same result. What I've been doing is to create a new project with just the clip that I need 'condensed'. I change clip speed to 800% and export it as a new clip. I then load the new clip into my 'final' project and am able to increase it 800% again. Is there a way that this can be done without saving a whole new clip in a seperate project?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Experiment with something along these lines...

Speed up the desired clip, then select (highlight) it and press <ctrl-C> to copy it.

Click the + sign that's in the sequence tab, to create a new sequence, then <ctrl-V> to paste there.

Increase the speed on sequence two, then switch to sequence one in the media window.

Drop sequence two into sequence one.

Though VP's preview couldn't handle it, the following method succeeded when the original 15" clip was exported (produced)...

1. COPY <ctrl-C> the clip

2. Create segment 2

3 PASTE <ctrl-V> the clip

4. speed it up

5. return to segment 1 and delete the original

6. drag the clip from segment 2 to segment 1

7. speed it up