"Publisher Could Not Be Verified"

TheMarduk

Hello everybody, it's my first post but I have been using Video Pad for a long time and I have encountered many errors. Edited: Mostly because my videos tends to be long, and most of those bugs are gone after each update. So far since my first run, updating is a must if I want to keep it up with my channel... but VideoPad never warned me for an update, not even before Windows 10 so I had to do it manually every time when I could remember, usually when its glitching.

VideoPad Editor is installed on my Windows 10 Pro and it's currently stuck at the ancient 3.14 version. If I try to update it manually, the file prompts me with error ''The Publisher Could Not Be Verified" I did everything in my knowledge to make it stop, I even tried the "Testing Mode" on Windows. Nothing is working not even administrator mode, compatibility, nothing. It's just better if I don't uninstall it, I rather use it the way it is just in case I can't install it again for whatever reason .... I leave that as a last resort.

After activating low risk files to .exe in advanced local groups editor, the prompt stops showing and VideoPad opens, and that's it, he doesn't update even after that. I asked support but I can buy some time if anyone knows it here. How to deal with this problem? If there is any work around, anything is useful. Thank you in advance.

Bumping, I had enough so I've reinstalled it. I went after the latest download from NCH's site (4.40) but when I install it, the software quickly pops up (without even loading) in the ''3.14'' version already and again instead. When I go to my programs list, VideoPad Editor is on 4.40 version there, but on VideoPad's own windows it is written 3.14............. Who's telling the truth? That's crazy so I'm giving up if nobody shows up.

Final bumping, found the ''solution''. I had to uninstall VideoPad Editor with Revo Uninstaller (and deleting every single piece of registry from NCH) and then after that I was able to install the correct version 4.40 and my project can finally keep going forward. Edited I don't I'm think going to buy this software anymore but if somebody else can clarify what happened on my case maybe I can rethink. Maybe it was just an faulty installation before that since I've found him. I hope my solution can stay here to help others if they wish.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for reporting issues and sorry for the late reply.

I can't reproduce the problem here so it is difficult to tell what exactly happened. It could be the code signing of the old version have issue with the new Windows.

I'm not sure the uninstall problem neither. Here I tried uninstall and reinstall various version from 2.x (including v3.14) and have no problem. It could be some installed data have been corrupted in your installation.

I'm glad you've got the problem solved. If you have problem with the latest version please post here or contact our support team.

Best regards,