Masking making double images

HoosierKidsTV

Hello -

I am trying to apply a mask to an area on a clip. What I am doing is trying to make a gravestone clipart appear to rise out of the ground in a certain location on the clip.

I have inserted the clip to the area, scaled it down, positioned it where I would like to it to start, and then add a mask to the area I want it to rise up in. It works okay, however, there is a duplicate image inthe middle of the screen. I have checked to make sure I did not add 2 images and I have not. When I run the animation, the area that is masked runs, but runs twice, and the image inthe middle just stays there.

Here are the pictures:

mask_error.jpg

And the affects screen:

mask_error_2.jpg

If I delete the mask, the image in the middle goes away.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

This is happening to me as well. It restricted me from being able to make good videos and pictures.

The screen shots show that it was an older version. Could you please try it on the latest version (4.33)?

Edit: Never mind, I've reproduced the issues in v4.33. We'll get it fixed ASAP. Thanks for reporting the bug.

Update on this issue:

We've found that this is actually not a bug, but the way that how mask works - the mask is a region that later effects (in the effect chain) apply to. Therefore everything outside the mask are unchanged.

In this case, the original image was outside the mask so you can see the image both before and after the position effect.

We realized this is not intuitive and need more work. It will take some time so it won't be in the next release.

Best Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my last resort is to take a snapshot of the masked, unedited image so it has the transparent background. If I load the snapshot in VideoPad, I will then be able to change the masked image's position without leaving a double.