Please help with an urgent impasse....Reply needed....

Sparky054

This regards my being able to play a completed sequence well in V-Pad, able to export to hard disk data the same, and able to playback a burn of same under VLC Player in Win7 with no errors. Settings when compiling are: .mp4 or .avi extensions, as they are stated as supported by LG BlueRay players, 1920x1080p, 29.97 vertical, with a 190 bps audio rate, H.264 codec. The same discs, compiled as "Data Discs," which play fine on a PC, but either will not play at all, or will do so with dropped frames on the B/R home theater player. Compiling either to "BleRay Movie Disc" or "Blue Ray Data Disc," results in the original 19 GB file being squeezed into a 1.9 GB burn that won't do anything anywhere! Theater player works fine with commercial B/R discs, and is also LG; the BD-670. Burner is LG WH16NS40 16x BD/BDXL/MD.

This project is a family wedding with many recipients waiting, and the majority has only B/R access with a home theater player, and now I've no way to publish to them! PLEASE, given my requirement, can someone just give me a step-to-step procedure to successfully get to a compatible burn in .mp4 or .avi from a functional, un-exported sequence? Nothing in the help files has, done so, and the coaster count is mounting trying variables, Help prevent media waste, and I'm surely most grateful; this serious problem has to go! Also: Is the best way to duplicate such a desired burn with no re-rendering by exporting to an ISO file, or is that not the method for duplicating hi-res' BlueRay?

Admin: Even though I mention this poorly in another thread, this one states my problems much better, so I'm dying for a solution, please keep posted until solved; and you may delete my first mention if you wish.Thanks!

No Blu Ray burner here, so testing was limited. Using default settings in VP a one-minute standard DVD Movie was burned to DVD/RW disk (to avoid coasters). The BR unit played it.

Again using default settings (AVI), a DVD data disk was burned. VP threw an "unknown SCSI error" but the burn did succeed. It played as a video file in the BR machine.

Obviously, that short test is not comparable to your lengthy material. However, it does indicate that a standard DVD Movie burn should be playable on BR units. If that fails I suggest investigating other burners.

An ISO file contains a DVD (movie, not video) layout that can be repeatedly burned. An ISO of this matieral was uncompressed using 7zip and the video VOB file was added to a VP time line. It played, and could be burned.

Its stats...

DVD.JPG

As to a test of a 720x480 standard res video going to a DVD, rather than blue-ray, that is seen. BlueRay playback problems in 1920x1080p format, as blue-ray burns, are quite a different animal from a standard player digesting standard res DVDs, from my experience. As to the validity of my burner & media, testing out with data disc performance on the PC, (granted, with the drive that did the burn), seems to cast the doubt either on my export method, settings, or the media itself, to my latest reasoning. This is why I'm requesting a procedure and settings that a user has previous experience achieving OK, with the same media and resolutions, and a higher audio bit rate, below the max kbps.

I extremely appreciate your comments and time, borate! Very kind of you. All viewers please consider my question still open for now, and I'd love to carry to the point where I can report on results of any suggestions being tested, it would be so good.....