Transition time getting too small

sjw64

Hi

This is my first post (and my first Vid). I’ve been adding quite a few vid clips for my first movie with a transition gap of about 2 seconds between each one. Its now saying it has to adjust this as its too big and corrects it to about 0.05secs! Each clip I add this gap gets smaller …making the transition pointless. What am I doing wrong?

Its 4.21 and says Beta in the corner. Downloaded the other day. Ive put 2 in quite a few times earlier in the movie (as well as other lengths - 4 -5 etc no problems) but after about 20mins length, its decreasing in size max length is now about 0,005. Bear in mind Ive only just started using the software no its more than likely Ive upset something somewhere but just cant see what!

Not able to test a production of that length here, but you might consider breaking it up into smaller sequences (click the + sign to the right of the sequence tab above the time line, at the left, to open a new, blank sequence).

After you've added effects, combine the sequences into one. A sequence can be dropped into another sequence - just like an audio or video clip. To see them, click the SEQUENCE tab in the media area (top-left).

If that doesn't fly, you might export (produce) a sequence, then drop it back as a file into another sequence.

FILE|Save AS your project regularly, using incremented file names so as not to overwrite earlier versions.