Using Videopad with Adobe Encore

firefly2560

Has anyone used Videopad with Adobe Encore? I have been creating enhanced DVD menus with Encore, but it doesn't like Videopad videos. When the videos are imported into Encore, the audio gets out of synch with the video. Now, this is a common problem with Encore, so it's not strictly a Videopad problem. However, I noticed that videos/slideshows created from ProShow don't suffer from the problem. In fact, if I take my Videopad .AVI file, import it into ProShow then export it to, say ProShow_Video.avi, Encore doesn't have any problems. There must be a difference in the way the two programs create the .AVI file, but I can't find it.

The audio drift is more pronounced if the sound track has multiple tracks overlaid. I created a slideshow with a music background, but overlaid a couple of separate videos, each of which had their own sound track. The drift in the audio track was worst at the point where the overlaid sound came in.

I switched to Vidoepad a few years ago because it can handle more complex tasks than ProShow - like multiple video and audio tracks. It's a nuisance having to go back to ProShow as a workaround, but so far I can't find an alternative.

AVI is a wrapper, so files with that extension carry various encodings. Test different audio compressors when exporting from Videopad. Try PCM or MPEG (layer 3).

When creating your audio tracks, see if using PCM instead of Mp3 improves the outcome.

encoders.jpg

Thanks for that. It took a while to check it all out. I found that it works OK when I select a Video Compressor of MJPEG - it's the only one that uses PCM for the audio.

A lot of the video compressors my system simply don't work, There are things like 3ivx and some other strange ones. I think they are codecs that I have downloaded, so the decompression algorithm exists, but not the compression algorithm. Why they show up in Videopad is beyond me.