MP3 file -- Express can't find file

Guest artcourt

Guest artcourt

This is my first attempt with Express Scribe, and I've spent about an hour trying to load the file. Not happy so far. I can find the MP3 file through Windows Explorer, and have moved it to several folders to see if that helps, but even though I know its location, it seems to have disappeared when I attempt to load file through Express. Help!

what does "it seems to have disappeared" mean? disappeared where? if the file does not appear in the load file screen, then that means it has a file extension that Scribe does not recognise. Make sure your mp3 files actually have .mp3 file extensions.

• 6 months later...
Guest Melissa
what does "it seems to have disappeared" mean? disappeared where? if the file does not appear in the load file screen, then that means it has a file extension that Scribe does not recognise. Make sure your mp3 files actually have .mp3 file extensions.

I seem to be having the same problem. My mp3 files do have .mp3 file extensions but I am unable to open it with Express Scribe. I can't even load it. I AM able to open it using QuickTime (but not with Windows Media Player for some reason) and listen to it but then the keyboard references/hot keys in Express Scribe don't work - because I am unable to actually load it into Express Scribe. When I click "Load" or CTRL-L, I do get a dialog box to look for the file, and can get into "Browse Folders" but only the top-level folders (Desktop/My Documents/My Computer/My Network Places) are there, and I can't go further into them or find my files. Please help!!

uh, I would like to point out that "Browse Folders" means exactly that - you are browsing for the folder that the file is contained in. Find the folder and select it, and all supported audio files in that folder will load into the Load window in Scribe.