multi-screen/layers

lordmullin

Hi everyone - I'm considering Video Pad as I make the switch from PC to Mac. I want to know if I can achieve split-screen, multiple-layered stuff.

At the moment, I can have (theoretically) any number of video tracks, resize them and fly in jpegs, captions etc, really easily - is this possible with Video Pad?

I'm still working through the video tutorials, so forgive me if this is already dealt with, but I want to be able to resize the different screens and move them about at will...

Thanks for any help!

Tim, Bolton. UK

Well, it seems there is full scalability and movability of layered video tracks, which is great - BUT, the control is not intuitive (i don't really want to enter values, when I'd prefer to click and resize, for example) and there's a real lag while it builds the preview, so it's not a smooth editing process.

Unless someone can tell me that only happens in the demo, I'll have to pass.

Thanks for your help.

Well, it seems there is full scalability and movability of layered video tracks, which is great - BUT, the control is not intuitive (i don't really want to enter values, when I'd prefer to click and resize, for example)...

You should be able to do that. Drag the "handles."

/ and there's a real lag while it builds the preview, so it's not a smooth editing process.

See the thread just below this one, "building preview." Keep in mind that video editing is resource intensive; for best results a robust PC is required.