saving small seq of larger clip

JM_1234321

Hi.

New to vid pad.

Where is the online manual?

How do I save small portion /seq of a larger clip?

---

My vid clips TO vidpad start as [avcd] (sony).

When I export my vids --using avi or mpeg-- the bits render CHOPPY (color squares).

What export settings should I use to make them look smooth like EVERY OTHER YT vid?

---

Some export settings say "[download enc component]" "x264enc7". Where are those components? THEY ARE NOT WITH THE OTHER COMPONENTS HERE EVEN THO I WAS POINTED TO THAT LOCATION.

----------

vidpad v3.89 (I don't want to update)

I am using win7 64 spX (recent)

i7 860 280ghz, 8gb ddr3, raedon hd 5770 1024mb

I have no internet for that computer.

These links will help to familiarize you with VP, though there may be slight differences between their explanations and the version that you use...

http://www.nchsoftwa...d/tutorial.html

http://help.nchsoftw...ad/mac/help.pdf

One way to save a portion of a clip would be to cut it out to create a separate clip, using splits at head and end of the desired video, then copy that clip with <cntl-C>.

Open a new sequence by clicking the + sign to the right of the sequence tab, and paste <ctrl-v>. Or paste it into a separate video timeline in the original sequence.

If a codec is missing from the install file, to fetch it you will have to tie that PC to the Net.

It might be worthwhile to check for an updated video driver from the chip or card manufacturer's WEBsite.

If problems arise after install, roll back to the prior driver via CONTROL PANEL|DEVICE MGR|VIDEO ADAPTERS|<your adapter name>|DRIVERS tab.