Permanent Registration Keys? Purchasers don't get,

alexlimbert

Is it true that the software I purchased (i.e. IVM) only comes with a temporary registration key (i.e. 28 days)? What happens if I need to reinstall my operating system and the 28 days pass (i.e. my current situation)? Worst yet, what happens if NCH ceases its business operations, merges out or gets acquired? Does this mean I can't use my software if I need to do another clean operating system reinstallation?

I've had this done to me before by another Aussie software company, but this practice isn't normally practiced in my country (i.e. USA). That is, when you purchase software, you get a permanent registration key.

• 5 months later...
Is it true that the software I purchased (i.e. IVM) only comes with a temporary registration key (i.e. 28 days)?  What happens if I need to reinstall my operating system and the 28 days pass (i.e. my current situation)?  Worst yet, what happens if NCH ceases its business operations, merges out or gets acquired?  Does this mean I can't use my software if I need to do another clean operating system reinstallation?

I've had this done to me before by another Aussie software company, but this practice isn't normally practiced in my country (i.e. USA).  That is, when you purchase software, you get a permanent registration key.

:( It appears to be true. Long story short: I'm trying to reinstall the software now after not using it for over a year (hard to find a replacement motherboard with an ISA slot for that Dialogic card I'm using). Now I have a new (used) computer but I can't register the IVM software I bought and paid for. Rather than buy it again (at the current price that's several times higher than it was when I bought it) I'm going shopping for something suitable that doesn't have this nonsense built in.

However, since I put a year into learning how to use it and developing the call tree that I have for my real estate office, I would use it if someone could tell me how to reinstall it. I did back up the original setup with Ghost, and I have a copy of the original software I bought, but when I install it and overwrite with the backup it still shows as "unregistered". Ridiculous!

Guest nchto

If your Key does expire and you require a new one you are more than welcome to fill out a registration support request here. In order for us to generate a new Key for the code to become usable again we need the full "Name - Location - ID - Key" details from your existing registration and activation code. You have to send us these details because the architecture of our automated and secure registration system prevents any access to these details for security reasons.

• 1 month later...

I just reinstalled my purchased IVM Answering Attendant because it did not appear to be working right. On registering with the codes provided it gives an error message that stops the registration. I am sure I entered the information correctly as I copied it directly from the e-mail provided by NCH.

I sent them an e-mail. I will let you know by report as soon as I get a reply

I just reinstalled my purchased IVM Answering Attendant because it did not appear to be working right. On registering with the codes provided it gives an error message that stops the registration. I am sure I entered the information correctly as I copied it directly from the e-mail provided by NCH.

I sent them an e-mail. I will let you know by report as soon as I get a reply

NCH recactivated my keys and I entered the same information and now the Attendant is running