Newbie Problem - Output split video clips to multiple standalone video files.

aeon

I download the videopad video editor pro. v3.36 for testing and want to split flv video to multiple clips. And then output these multiple video clips to multiple video files. Can I do this?

For example, will split video as below.

0-18 sec- 1st video clip

18 - 30 sec - 2nd video clip

30-60 sec - 3rd video clip...

etc.

Then save (or Output) these video clips to three video files (flv / mp4)

In videopad, I used 'split at position' to split video in video track 1 below. And then pressed 'duplicate sequence' and it placed 3 video clip in 'Video files' tab. It's perfect that I want. But can I or if it can save (output to) these video clips to video files?

If can do, then will buy it as it can do what I want. I've tested several video editor / splitter. But no one is easier and fast. Many thanks.

Hi

One way.......

Place your complete video onto the sequence line.

Split the clip at the desired places. e.g. 18 seconds and 30 seconds as per your example.

You now have three clips.

Save your project. (vpj file)

Delete Clip2 and Clip3 and export your Clip1 as your first video.

Reload the project and delete Clip1 and Clip3

Output Clip2 as video 2

Reload the project

Delete Clip1 and Clip2

Output Clip3 as your third video. etc.

Nat

• 4 weeks later...

Is it required to place them on the sequence line? This will work, but in my preview window, I can also select SPLIT and the file name window begins to build file (1).mpg, etc based on my original filename. I can even right click on these and see properties and presumably rename the file. I was hoping i could just modify here and they would be available somewhere?? I can't seem to find the results with the original file even though when I right click and select show location, it opens the right folder... none of the other file splits are there.

The first answer is okay, but will be quite long for me given the number of splits, etc. Something like i referenced would be faster if possible.

Thanks,

Dave