Do you know anyone who actually installs this

Guest Guest_Paul_*

Guest Guest_Paul_*

Hi,

I'm looking for an automated system that can be used to take ticket bookings for different events.

This would include taking credit card details for ticket payment, logging customers postal name and address details in a database and having different sub directories for different geographical areas as well as allowing the customer to type in a code for the event they would like tickets.

For example;

customer phones

software answers with welcome message and then asks which geographical region the event is held or asks them to type in the event code

Customer answers by pressing a number on the keypad

Software then drops down a directory and announces events in that area starting with a number for them to select if correct

Machine then takes address details for postage and stores in database

Machine then requests card details

Machine contacts bank to verify card and process payment.

Can this software do all this? And if so is there anyone in the North West of England who can install it? I have a modern PC running WinXP and already have a switch terminal for my other business installed in the same location. Will I need any extra components to make this work? If so what are they?

Thank you all for your time in reading this.

Kind Regards

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

This seems to be feasible..

A few questions :

"Machine then takes address details for postage and stores in database"

How does the customer input the address?? using the telephone key pad??

Also, processing the payment through the bank may require coding specific to the bank.

You'll also need a telephony card ( http://www.nch.com.au/ivm/modems.html )

The telephony cards come in various "sizes" ie # of ports. That will depend on how many lines you have coming in and what the call volume is expected to be.

The way forward is to use a database and import details into it. Should you want me to help you please provide details of your callplan.

Lawrence

This seems to be feasible..

A few questions :

"Machine then takes address details for postage and stores in database"

How does the customer input the address?? using the telephone key pad??

Also, processing the payment through the bank may require coding specific to the bank.

You'll also need a telephony card ( http://www.nch.com.au/ivm/modems.html )

The telephony cards come in various "sizes" ie # of ports. That will depend on how many lines you have coming in and what the call volume is expected to be.