Adding Soundtrack

theblade

Hi folks,I m new to videopad and been putting a couple of videos together. My problem is when I put a soundtrack down onto the audio track line then my video footage moves right along video line to start after my music track and when I pull it back to the start the music will then move to the end of the film footage...no matter what I pull back to the start the other will move to the end.....tried a million times but no luck(apart from once,not sure what I did). Help???

Hi

Hmmm.....Goodun! :)

Check that your video does not actually have its own soundtrack. If it is silent there will still be a horizontal blue line running along the track.

If you try to drop your soundtrack onto this it will simply push the clip along.

If you have any stand alone sound clip, drag it from the media list and drop it onto a lower soundtrack (Soundtrack 2 or 3 for example)

From here you should be able to drag it right or left. If this works then mute the soundtrack belonging to the clip or click the track and unlink it; move it a little and then delete it. You can then drop your new sound clip onto the track to replace it.

Also check through the options tab to check what is set for when you add clips to the timeline.

Nat