Ending on a still frame

Alphacenturi

Hi,

I have just gone over to Video Pad after Apple supposedly upgraded Ivideo which appears to have actually been a downgrade as many features are no longer there! I think it is amazing what this free software will do but the one thing I cannot figure out is hoe to make the video end on a still I want to finish with. Regardless of hoe long I make the duration of the still picture it then goes onto a black screen. Does anyone know a workaround for this or what I am doing wrong?

Also, although the help files are quite extensive there does not seem to be the ability search for a specific subject, again am wondering if this is just because I am a "newbie" ?

many thanks for any help offered.

Elizabeth P

Hi

You are doing nothing wrong, Videopad will finish playing the sequence on a black frame.........full stop! :mellow:

Whether or not this is due to the way the program plays a video clip or whether the programmers have this set as a default, I don't know but as a user you can't change this action and make it stop showing just the last frame. You could suggest to NCH to put it on the wish list for a later version, but currently it's a black frame.

As far as the help files go, there is a main help page with links to the various procedures that are used in Videopad and should be pretty comprehensive. If you come across something that you can't figure out, someone here can usually help.

Nat

Hi,

thanks for your quick response, I think I have a workaround which is very messy but will achieve what i want, I can take the edited and complete video,take it back into Ivideo and and a "flash and hold" transition and the end and then re export it........

I would happily pay for software if I could only find what I wanted, my needs are extremely simple but nothing seems to do the job, everything only does a part ;o(