Video Resolution of Debut Screen Capture

TDK

I have licensed copies of both Debut (screen capture software) and VideoPad video editor (both products from NCH).

So I go onto my project of doing a screen capture for a web help video I am making. I do a screencapture in Debut and save as an avi (default).

I view this AVI and the video is crisp and easy to read - perfect.

I import into VideoPad, to add other clips. Then I export the final video as an MP4 using the H.264 codec at the highest resolution possible (very large file).

Problem - the video of the screen capture is such poor resolution, you cannot read the text.

Ideally I want to export my video out of VideoPad as an MP4 to keep consistent with the rest of my website postings.

Using a Win 7 Home PC only several years old, so current.

Any ideas anyone ?

Thanks

I do a screencapture in Debut and save as an avi (default). I view this AVI and the video is crisp and easy to read - perfect.

I import into VideoPad, to add other clips. Then I export the final video as an MP4 using the H.264 codec at the highest resolution possible (very large file).

Problem - the video of the screen capture is such poor resolution, you cannot read the text.

Did you test with other codecs (file types) when saving in Debut? Here are just some of the choices...

avi

wmv

asf

mpg

3gp

mp4

mov

wmv

flv

No. Sure I may find a combo that works. But then, I wanted to ensure all stay as MP4 as my other uploaded videos. My fav saying is, "The nice thing about standards . . . is that there are so many to choose from "