typing directly into invoices

sparky1

Hi all,

I used to use the invoicing software on my pc. I could click on each individual 'cell' e.g. description and then type in anything i wanted. I've just had to buy new software because i've upgraded to a mac but now when i try to click on the invoice and manually type in the information it won't let me. All i can seem to do is 'add item' which then opens up another box which i have to fill with quantity, description, item number, etc... i write individual invoices for each customer so don't want a 'bank' of items/descriptions that i won't ever use again. I just want to type straight onto the invoice page like i could with my old version. Any help please?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sparky1,

I support you whole heartedly with your comments. I am a new purchaser of Express Invoice, and have recognised a few weakness of this version 3.91; one being exactly what you mention. I can not believe the developers have not thought this through or road tested. I have sent a message (and encourage you also) to the developers and pointing out not all business sell widgets. Hello....there is a service industry, too! The new version can't come fast enough - where one can type straight onto the invoice, without having to 'add item'. A whole different styling invoice is needed for the service industry! (Dear NCH, I am happy to be a beta tester....waiting for your contact.)

PS. I encourage the people who have experienced the same frustration to add comment to this thread.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I think you stil can "type" or "edit"... but I am having difficulty in adding "line break".

The alternative way that I am using now is create a dummy item, witht he description of

[Line 1]

[Line 2]

[Line 3]

[Line 4]

Just replace those text and delete unwanted row during invoice creation. But, it's really not a good way to go with....

This tricks also not working on the web edition.

Anyway with better idea and suggestion please? Thanks.