Unapplied payments

jakebe2

I only use Express Accounts v4.66 (free version) to create an invoice and record the payment when received. I am getting a pop up window when I "Record and Print" invoices for my largest customer saying there are unapplied payments totalling $80 and do I want to apply the payment to this invoice. Most invoices for this customer are for $40 each. How do I find what is causing this message? I don't understand how I would have posted a payment without applying it to an invoice but I need to find where the payments came from and when so I can get this fixed. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you,

Jake

• 5 months later...

This has occurred in all the versions I have used including the latest (paid for) version 4.82, and I have never understood why, "there are unapplied payments, do I want to apply the payment to this invoice".I always answer no. (what unapplied payments?) As no one has replied to this old (ish) post perhaps I am missing something which is obvious, but I would like to know why the program is doing this.

This has occurred in all the versions I have used including the latest (paid for) version 4.82, and I have never understood why, "there are unapplied payments, do I want to apply the payment to this invoice".I always answer no. (what unapplied payments?) As no one has replied to this old (ish) post perhaps I am missing something which is obvious, but I would like to know why the program is doing this.

Thanks for your reply. At least I know I'm not the only one with this issue. Hopefully someone will reply eventually with an answer for both of us.