Massive bug in Payments

GrahamW

Guest N C H_TM

GrahamW, there is no bug when making payments. In order to apply payment to only one invoice, enter the payment received from the customer in the Amount field in the Customer Payment section of the Payment screen. By default, Express Accounts will apply the payment to the first invoices in the list, but this can be easily changed by clicking in the Applied column and changing the values to 0, then enter the amount received in the Applied column in the row for the invoice you want to apply the payment to.

CdRyhfE.png

If you need additional clarification please contact our Express Accounts support team by clicking on the following link: http://www.nch.com.a...ExpressAccounts

I tried this and it does not work.

This is what happened. I had 2 invoices for the same customer that were dated on different days one for $69 and the other for $85. I applied the payment of $69 and you described above and then when I went back and looked at the unpaid invoice report both the invoices for that client were gone and both marked paid in the report

Graham

Hi Graham,

I just tried that, it worked for me. In past, I have accidentally entered the amount in "reference number" text-box, in which case, it applies payment to all invoices, because the "Amount" text-box comes pre-filled with total due amount for the customer. You should make sure, applied column shows right amount for right invoice.

If it does not work for you, you may try the official support link posted above by Admin. Any supporting video/screenshots may help.