ds2 Problem

cevastacey

I have the paid version. I have been using the program for quite awhile. For the first time this weekend, I had a problem.

I downloaded a few .ds2 files from my client's server as I always do. Partway through two of the files, the audio just stopped but the "tape" (for lack of a better describing word) kept going.

As an example, one of the files is 15:06. At 7:26, the audio just stops as if a mute button is pressed but the file keeps playing, if that makes sense. This happened on another file that is 17:30 and the audio cut out at 12:27.

I don't believe that there is anything wrong with the files because the client can listen to them all the way through. I'm pretty sure it's not the size of the files because they don't cut out at the same point.

Does anyone have any clue what could be going on? I'd appreciate any ideas.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this up. I'm having the same exact issue. I downloaded another DSS player to verify that the file itself is ok. It plays in the other player just fine. Mine cuts out at 3:04. I know the audio file is fine because I've also imported it into Dragon Natural Speaking and it dictates the whole audio file beyond the 3:04 mark.

Can someone look into this or get back with a solution.

• 1 month later...

I am having the exact same issue with a DS2 file from a new doctor. I have been able to playback files from other providers in DS2 format in the past. This is a new behavior is exactly as the first two posters described (my audio stop at 1:39 but the file keeps playing just no voice).

Anyone know more about this issue and possible resolutions (other than converting the file to DSS which would be a tedious long term solution)?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have had this problem again yestereday. The file stopped at 0.57 but the tape went on playing but no sound. The person who recorded it can hear it all the way through. I also tried converting to WAV and MP3 but it did not make any difference. Is there now a fix for this problem?

Guest N C H_TM

From the FAQ on the NCH website - http://www.nch.com.au/scribe/kb/1769.html

Does Express Scribe support the DS2 file format?

No, Express Scribe does not offer full support for the DS2 file format.

DS2 files are a proprietary format created when the Olympus DS-2400 is used to make dictations. After the dictation is created, the format can be converted to DSS or WAV format using the Olympus Standard software included with the DS-2400, which means you will have to request that the person creating dictations converts the files before sending them to you.

To convert files from the Olympus Standard player, have the user select the dictation(s) in the list, go to the File menu, select "Convert Dictation" and then click the Convert button. A more detailed, step-by-step guide with screenshots can be viewed at http://www.dictationsupport.co.uk/converting-ds2-to-dss-with-olympus-standard/.

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo,

I have sent bug-reports about this problem since August 2012 (!) and described in the forum, see here: Express Scribe Pro will not play DS2 files

Since that time I have load the written: DSS File Converter

I used this tool for all incoming ds2 files for two years - it works fine. It is not free of charge but the price is fair.

With best regards

Lisa

• 1 month later...

Hallo,

I have sent bug-reports about this problem since August 2012 (!) and described in the forum, see here: Express Scribe Pro will not play DS2 files

Since that time I have load the written: DSS File Converter

I used this tool for all incoming ds2 files for two years - it works fine. It is not free of charge but the price is fair.

With best regards

Lisa

Thank you Lisa for this link. I have now managed to convert the errant dictation and get it typed. It is a pity though that we have to purchase further software.

• 1 month later...

Obviously, like everyone else, I am having the same issues... Upgrade for the "New and Improved Options..." and they don't work! I just converted one of my files from DS2 to WAV and it cut out in the exact same location. Please help!