"Text Size" Slider bar in VideoPad ver. 2.41

seashell

After days of struggling, I have finally completed my video project today. Unfortunately, Youtube does not like scrolling credits. My gosh! After uploading and viewing my rendered project in Youtube, the credits (font size) change in size (ever so slightly) as they scroll. And they are too small!

I have uploaded various rendered videos of the same project to get the scrolling text to display properly. No go. The text size choices in the slider bar are either too small or too large. I even tried to "bold" the text to make the small choice seem slightly larger. No go.

To compound this problem, during upload to my youtube channel, Youtube either shrinks the text or makes it larger than what normally appeared in the preview screen in VideoPad.

Thus I have two dilemmas please.

1) How, why and what happens when youtube converts the file to my channel

2) The Text slider bar in VideoPad. It seems there is only a "tiny" part of the slider bar that is usable (all the way to the left). Any choices provided as the slider bar is moved to the right greatly exaggerates the text size to proportions that GIGANTIC. I have to move the mouse ever so slightly to capture (what appears to be) an acceptable text or font size. The slider bar is very difficult to work with unless your project utilizes extremely large fonts.

My initial video recording (prior to adding to my Videopad project) was completed back in 2010. The initial specs and steps that resulted in it’s current compression are listed below:

1) Videotaped myself performing a guitar “tutorial” solo

2) Discarded the audio part of the video because I “simultaneously” recorded the sound using my Digital Audio workstation that provides CD quality recordings.

3) Mixed down all audio tracks including my solo “audio” performance (total six tracks) into “1” track

4) Loaded the video (of my performance) and the “1” mixed-down audio track into VirtualDub and synced the video to the audio.

5) Then in VirtualDub I compressed the final output file down to 9 MB for emailing purposes.

No problem. Everything went smooth. Yes I lost some quality because of the severe amount of compression. But it was only a tutorial video that I was emailing to a contact. Now things have changed. I have decided to use this video on my youtube channel and wish I had saved the original file prior to compression. But that’s long gone. Therefore this is what I have to work with.

The initial video was about 3 ½ minutes in runtime. As I said earlier, I had to compress it down to a 9 MB file that would allow my ISP to allow it to be emailed (at the time there was a 12 MB limit on file attachments). Initially the video was probably in the area of 80 MB or higher.

After trying to work with the project in VP ver. 3.0x, I found it difficult and reverted back to ver. 2.41 to get the job done. After finishing the edit, I chose “Detect” in the preset as I am not experienced enough with codecs and compression. I am simply familiar with these on a basic level (thus far). The initial video going into VP was a .avi format and that is what VP “detected” as the rendered format. Thus I let VP detect and decide what specs the video should be rendered to.

The specs on my final rendered video are:

Resolution: 640x480 – TV NTSC

Frame Rate: 30.00

File Format: .avi

Video Compressor: H264 (NATIVE)

Video Compression Settings

Quality (Ratefactor) 23.0

Sound Compressor: MP3 (NATIVE)

Sound Format:

44100Hz

128kbps

Stereo

Final video size: 25.6MB

I have no issues with the audio. In fact, you can turn it off while viewing as it plays no part in solving my problems listed above. I am fine with the slight jagged movement in my playing as this is probably a result of both VideoPad and Youtube’s conversion process. The original 9MB video file has NO jagged movements and plays fine. However after rendering in VP, the new file size is 25.6MB and there is no jagged playback. Looks great! The slight jaggedness (in the videois present only after uploading to youtube. Any ideas for a better render would certainly be appreciated.

Any recommendations on how to fix the text issues? I can render the VP project again if necessary. Please see my final rendered video below. By the way, the scrolling credits at the end are divided into three sections that are spaced too far apart. As a result there are dead sections between the three separate text clips. Therefore, please watch the video to the very end. Thank you very much for your time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ30llcdBhk