MP4 A/V not sync

Tagirijus

Hi there,

I already tried to contact the NCH support, since I bought VideoPad Editor. Unfortunately the system tells me that I did not bought any products with this adress. I still have the E-Mail with the invoice: it showed me the registered E-Mail. It's the mail I used for the support system. At all: I am very disappointed about this support system.

Hopefully someone can help me here. I already searched this forum and the whole internet, but I did not find anything ...

It seesm that videos exported with VideoPad cannot be converted proberly into *.mp4. The video and sound is playing very well and synced inside the preview and all. After exporting it to *.avi with the native H264 Codec it still was okay. After uploading this *.avi to Youtube, the video and sound was not synced anymore. I tried uploading it directly from VideoPad: same problem. I tried rendering to *.mp4 with VideoPad: same problem. I tried different codecs: same problem. What am I doing wrong ??? Moreover: why is the A/V is not sync even if I export with the native *.mp4 export function of VideoPad Editor?

Ps: Please don't tell me to buy other software, since I do not want to buy more software for video editing ... There must be a better solution, I think.... Hopefully. :)

Best,

Manu

HI

The output from my camera is MPEG4 H264 but when the raw footage is played back on my PC (quick time) it is jerky, a moving object moves across the frame in small jerks. More annoyingly the sound and image become rapidly out of synch. This makes it almost impossible to edit. To get around this I convert all my MPEG4 footage into MPEG2 (1280 x 720) using "Any video converter" In this format it plays OK and editing is straightforward, although the jerky effect is still visible. Outputting as an avi from VP and saving to DVD using a third party DVD creator, the result is OK.

IT must be connected with the type of videoplayer used on the PC since I recently dowloaded VLC and the MPEG4 files played OK no lag and no jerk. Unfortunately this is not an editor.

Nat

• 2 weeks later...

The jerky playback which NationalSolo experiences is PC hardware related. Such jerky appearance is the result of periodic retrieval of data which has been cached to the harddrive. As I remember, Nationalsolo's computer is running a 32 bit OS with about 3.2 RAM and a standard hard drive. VLC requires little RAM. VideoPad requires a lot of RAM to playback smoothly.

Manuel, last night I rendered a 55 minute AVI file outputting to a MP4 format file. I have viewed the MP4 output and found no video/audio synchronization problem. I have viewed sync problems in the past. I found dividing the video into short scenes before editing help reduce sync issues. Also editing those scenes separately helps improve VideoPads editing execution speed. Then after editing all the small scenes, load all the edited scenes into a final sequence for rendering.

If you find this too cumbersome, do your editing on a desktop computer with a fast multicore processor, a multi drive RAID, a 64 bit operating system, and 8 Gb of RAM.

Cheers, Mike

Hi Mike

You are correct, my PC is a 32 bit OS with an Intel Core Duo CPU E4500 running at 2.2 GHz but has only 2.0 GB of RAM not 3.2 as you suggested. I can appreciate that the jerky effect (actually not THAT jerky...just with objects moving at right angles to the camera line of sight) might be PC related, but would it still persist in the completed DVD played on a standard player (as it seems to)?

Nat